Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Conor McGregor only has two realistic fight options

17 October 2017 08:28
91 0
Conor McGregor only has two realistic fight options

'The Notorious' is said to be keen on fighting again this year, but this comes from UFC president Dana White. The same man was telling reporters, earlier this year, that McGregor's next bout could well be against Khabib Nurmagomedov in Russia.

'The Eagle' was on The MMA Hour to give an update on his health and fighting availability after a tough six months. He was due to fight Tony Ferguson at UFC 209 before a weight cut went awry, cost him the headliner and landed him in hospital.

Ferguson is now the interim lightweight champion, after defeating Kevin Lee at UFC 216, and claims he has McGregor, who won the lightweight belt last November, 'in check'.

John Kavanagh and Owen Roddy, McGregor's coaches, are pushing for their man to see out a trilogy against Diaz but White calls all talk of an agreement being neared as 'internet bullshit'.

Nurmagomedov believes McGregor's only other option, if the Diaz fight fails to materialise, is to unify the 155lbs division by taking on Ferguson.

Interestingly, Barboza [the No.3 ranked lightweight] tweeted out that he has a December fight coming up but deleted it soon after.

It would make sense, if McGregor does have a fight coming up, to place another lightweight bout on the card, in case of injuries. If there are any major announcements for UFC 2019, on December 30, we should find out before the end of the month.

Also watch: 'He was in hospital for 55 days. I wanted to pull out of the fight but my wife said to do it for him'

Source: sportsjoe.ie

Share in social networks:

Comments - 0